Sunday, April 13, 2014

Why This Book?

I believe i chose this book for multiple reasons.  One reason is because that i seem to really enjoy reading mystery books.  I love the fact that there is a central detective, sometimes with a partner, that uses their wits and the evidence at hand to solve a crime, usually either a murder or a robbery.  I really like how they gather evidence through almost any means necessary.  I also like how the plot builds up until the moment when the detective names the criminal and gives the evidence as to why they are guilty.  Another reason is that i have read other mystery books by Agatha Christie.  My favorite character is the famous Hercule Poirot.  He is a belgian detective who has never lost a crime and has never disappointed a client.  He is probably Christie's most famous character.

5 comments:

  1. This can realate somewhat to my book, Angels & Demons, you start out with a criminal who is doing a terrorist attack so Robert Langdon finds clues on where to find him and it really sounds like what you describe. If you have a chance you should try it, I think you'll really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like mystery as well. I enjoy them because they keep you interested with all the suspense goes on. They always push you to keep reading so you can get closer to solving the crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the same reasons why I pick the books that I do. I like books that are suspenseful and leave you hanging a lot. I also want to read a book that is a genre that I enjoy,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally don't like to read mysteries. They are too slow paced for me. But I do like the twist endings that many of them have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like mysteries too. My favorite part is usually in the end when they reveal everything that they have been building up through the whole story

    ReplyDelete