Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Getting reader's attention

The passage i chose from my summer reading book to get the attention of reader's is:

"Look,' he said.  he pointed at a bird in the middle of the street that was trying to fly.  I could tell that one of his wings was broken.
'He's going to die,' I whispered.
'We can save it."
Dante walked into the middle of the street and tried to pick up the bird.  I watched as he picked up the frightened bird.  That's the last thing i remember before the car swerved around the corner.  Dante!  Dante!  I knew the screams were coming from inside me.  Dante!
I remember thinking that it was all a dream.  All of it.  It was just another bad dream.  I kept thinking that the world was ending.  I thought about the sparrows falling from the sky.
Dante!" (page 107)

So the scene is pretty straightforward.  Dante and Ari see a bird in the street, after it had recently hailed, and the bird can't fly.  So Dante goes to help it, when the car swerves around the corner.  And so because of the car and the hail, you can assume something exciting or sad will happen next(that's for you to find out though).  Although at the end when Ari thinks about the sparrows falling from the sky, he is talking about a bad dream he had earlier in the book, as an event earlier in the book involved another sparrow.  So, the rest of the scene is not difficult to figure out, as i said before.  I hope you find this book interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment